Sunday, March 27, 2011

My goals

Alex Miranda
Laura Cline
English 102-outline
27 March 2011
My goals

When it comes to English class I have so many things I need to improve as an English writer. Throughout the years I always find myself struggling in an English class in some way that makes me want to quit. This semester English 102 has not been any easier with all the reading, blog post and literary analysis we have to write about. All this work for me is a great challenge that I find exciting to work on only knowing it will help me improve on my English skills.
The readings in this class are very interesting and I find fun to read. The Sandstorm and The Things They Carried are two books that are very interesting how they relate to each other when it comes to war. These two books have much information when it comes to doing an outline or a literary analysis. I don’t mind reading the books but, when it comes to this I find it very hard since I’m not good at it. To me I feel that this is something major I have to get better at fast. I feel that all these points that I have lost in recent assignments have been due to the lack of good work I turn in when it comes to a literary analysis. I feel that literary analysis is good for us when it comes to describing or writing of a book we have been reading. I’m not a big fan of this type of work but, I always find the way to do the assignment when it is asked for.
Coming into this semester I knew that my English 102 would be the most challenging of my classes knowing that I wasn’t good at writing. This has been a great test especially with all the writing we do in this class. I feel that I have improved a little but, I am nowhere near the level of expectation that my English teacher requires.
My goals for this semester is to one not only get a passing grade but, refine my reading, writing, and thinking skills. I want to be able to write a paper with not knowing I will be challenged and be mentally broken down. This is a big test that I have had this semester of having a passing grade and still I am not happy of my results in this class. I’ve always been an average student in the past years. Today I stand with a average grade in my English class and I would like to improve that knowing that, college English is much more important and this is what will be looked at if I ever try getting a job. I know how important this class can be towards a degree and as well as my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment